November 20, 2018

8. ARK AEONIAN

5:21

Composition: Panu Piirainen & Juho Kilponen
Lyrics: Juho Kilponen


The next track is quite a beast in both music and text wise being the climax of the album. It is about the end of an aeon when the carrying capacity gets exceeded. The shit deluge has risen and the revolution takes place resulting archaeon anarchy. Of course.

This song is collaboration of myself and the bassist, Panu, who provided the confusing main riff which sounds like it`s in some odd time signature even though it`s actually not. I had a tapping chorus idea which was somehow spacey that I wanted to use but it was not progressing until the main riff came along. After that the song kind of wrote itself. A bit older riff idea of mine occurred and completed the song. In the c part the combination of these two ideas gets quite wild and escalates in rocket launch.

The text is written mainly in the perspective of an archaeon which has witnessed everything since the beginning of the aeon, the aeon of the anthropoids which the animal kingdom leaves now behind. The evacuation plan of the human has been revealed to the other species which will take over the ark. The end of the song is the only time on the album which is written on the perspective of human and sums up pretty much everything:

"I wanted to leave my dying world with full filled ark
I wanted to leave with my disgrace
but I was left behind with my empty space
I was left alone with my empty trace
with my disgrace"




Seuraava on melkoinen pala niin musiikillisesti kuin tekstillisestikin, onhan kyseessä levyn kliimaksiin osuva kappale. Se kertoo maailmankauden lopusta kun kantokyky ylittyy. Paskapaisumus on noussut ja vallankumous tapahtuu ajautuen arkkien anarkiaan. Tietenkin.

Kappale on tehty yhteistyössä basisti-Panun kanssa, joka tarjoili hämmentävän pääriffin, joka kuulostaa kuin se olisi jossakin erikoisessa tahtilajissa vaikkei oikeasti olekaan. Oma avaruudellinen kertosäeideani täppäyksineen oli jo olemassa ja halusin sen käyttää, mutta se juurikaan edennyt ennen kuin tuo pääriffi ilmaantui. Sen jälkeen kappale aika lailla kirjoitti itse itsensä. Oma vähän vanhempi riffi-idea palautui mieleen ja täydensi kappaleen. C-osassa näiden kahden idean yhdistelmä villiintyy ja eskaloituu raketin laukaisuun.

Teksti on kirjoitettu pääasiassa arkkieliön perspektiivistä, joka on nähnyt kaiken maailmankauden alusta lähtien, kädellisten maailmankauden, jonka eläinkunta nyt jättää jälkeensä. Ihmisen evakuointisuunnitelma on paljastunut muille lajeille, jotka ottavat arkin haltuunsa. Lopussa on ainoa kohta albumia, joka on kirjoitettu ihmisen näkökulmasta ja se summaa aika lailla kaiken:

"I wanted to leave my dying world with full filled ark
I wanted to leave with my disgrace
but I was left behind with my empty space
I was left alone with my empty trace
with my disgrace"

-JK

No comments:

Post a Comment